UPDATE: The 03/09/2020 post about COVID-19 is available here
I would like to inform you of the steps being taken by the City of Beachwood regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19):
- Our safety services are in regular contact with the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and local public-health agencies to monitor events related to COVID-19.
- We have updated our emergency procedures for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Our directors and staff have participated in emergency training
- The Beachwood Police and Fire & Rescue Departments are trained and equipped to respond in the event of this type of emergency
In the event that a health emergency were to take place in Beachwood, we would use all of the necessary tools and methods available to inform our community and share next steps. Please register today for an emergency-alert CodeRED account through Cuyahoga County ReadyNotify. Local agencies have also recommended that we use our Twitter account --twitter.com/BeachwoodOH-- as a primary source for the City of Beachwood. Information posted to our Twitter account also appears on our website’s home page: www.BeachwoodOhio.com.
No matter what, please help by doing your best to promote healthy habits:
- Wash your hands more frequently and for longer than usual (especially upon arriving at school/work and upon returning home)
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (like doorknobs and your phone)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
For more prevention tips, please visit the CDC website.
The time you took to read this is appreciated. Be well, Beachwood!
03/03/2020 Update: Ohio Department of Health officials announced yesterday that they will begin providing daily updates on the Coronavirus. Updates will be shared online Monday - Friday
at 2:00 PM.