Our Rubbish and Recycling Program
Beachwood's rubbish and recycling collection program is fully automated. The key to this program are large, easy to move, rolling carts. The City of Beachwood will deliver one free rubbish cart and one free recycling cart to each household. On your trash day, our mechanical-armed trucks will pick up and dump the carts curbside. Your rubbish disposal and recycling are part of an automated program, which increases the cleanliness and efficiency of rubbish collection in our city. The benefits include:
- Easy to load and maneuver carts
- Enhancing the appearance of the City of Beachwood
- Keeping odors and rubbish contained
- No lost pieces; lids are permanently attached
- Providing a safe, convenient, and effective method of rubbish and recycling collection
- Providing faster collection
- Animals and insects are deterred
Keeping trash in its place is every one's responsibility. With your help, we can continue to make Beachwood a great place to live. Please note, rubbish and recycling carts need to be placed three feet apart from each other or on either side of the driveway and away from any obstructions. Do not place under any low hanging tree branches. Note: Recyclables will only be picked up if they are contained within a city cart.
Plastic rubbish bags may be purchased at the Building Department at City Hall from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The fee is payable by cash or check only.
Box of 100 white bags $13.50
Additional rubbish and recycling tipper cans are available for purchase at the Service Department from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
96 Gallon Rubbish can: $75.00
64 Gallon Recycling can: $50.00
Beachwood City Ordinance 660.21 Rubbish Rules states that no person shall:
- Place rubbish and recycling carts for collection after 6:00 PM the evening preceding the collection day scheduled by the Service Director, and prior to 7:30 AM the day of your rubbish collection
- Allow empty containers or other non-collectible rubbish items to remain at the place of collection after 9:00 AM the day after your collection day
- Whoever violates any of the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of a fourth degree. Punishment shall be as provided in City Ordinance 698.02 Penalty
Complete Rubbish Rules
Regulations for Brush Collecting
The Public Service Department offers one (1) brush pickup per week. Any and all brush to be picked up by the City shall be placed on the tree lawn after 6:00 PM the evening preceding your rubbish collection day. These rules are governed under City Ordinance 660.21 Rubbish Rules.
- Logs - maximum length 3 feet, maximum weight 35 lbs.
- Brush - no longer than 6 feet
Scavenging Ordinance 2017-85
Effective June 13, 2017 rubbish scavenging is prohibited within the City of Beachwood.
When the Public Service Department is closed on holidays, except on Thanksgiving, rubbish collection will be delayed one day after the respective holiday for that week only. For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday, Monday's collection will be on Tuesday, Tuesday's collection will be on Wednesday, and so on. The table to the right lists the official holidays recognized by the Service Department.