City Park West & East
About City Park West & East
Beachwood City Park West includes 1.6 miles of 8-foot wide multi-purpose trails allowing for bicycling, walking, running, and skating. The park also features 6-foot wide gravel trails for hiking, a sledding hill, two parking areas with 18 parking spaces each, and an open-air shelter with room for 40 to 50 people, including a unisex bathroom and a drinking fountain.
A wooden staircase provides access from the upper level near the 70-foot slope sledding hill to the lower central area of the park, adjacent to the gravel trails. Wood boardwalks cross wet areas along the trail and pedestrian entry points into the park are located at Richmond Road with new minor entry points across from Sulgrave Road on both East and West Shaker Boulevard. The trails are beautifully screened from surrounding neighborhoods and home to local wildlife.
Beachwood City Park East is highlighted by a state-of-the-art outdoor Fitness Park, a mile of paved trails, benches, and a parking area located on Shaker Boulevard. It is also know as the home of Barkwood Dog Park, the only 100% synthetic turf dog park in Ohio.
Learn more about the beautiful birds that live in our Beachwood City Parks in the provided field guide (PDF).
City Park Rules
- Bike helmets are required for anyone under age 16.
- Cutting, picking, or destruction of plant life or property is prohibited.
- In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- No littering or dumping.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted on trails.
- Park hours are from sunrise to sunset.
- Pedestrians have the right of way on trails.
- Pets must be on a leash while in the park.
- Pick up after your pets.
- Picnic shelter is for the community and is to be shared.
City Park West Sledding Hill Rules
The Beachwood City Park West sled hill is located on the south end of the park. Bring your friends and family out for a great winter activity. Please observe the following rules and be courteous of other users.
- All sledding is done at your own risk.
- No building of ramps, jumps, or moguls.
- No supervision provided.
- Parents are responsible for children.
- Return to top of hill along outside edge of sledding area.
- Sledding is a hazardous activity and presents substantial risks.
- Use caution when sledding and be considerate to others.